Sunday, May 10, 2009

Blessings of Motherhood





I have been blessed as a mother. Even on my craziest most zaniest-- wanna pull your hair out kind of days I know that I am truly blessed. Some people want to be a nurse, teacher, I wanted to be a mother. Although my husband and I went to high school together, we didn't start dating until our college years. We dated for several years and were married when I was 22 and he was 23. I have been at home with my children since the day I laid eyes on my first born 15 years ago. C.A. was to say the least my wild child...energetic, vivacious, and fun loving, she let the world know that she was here...always the life of the party! Jeez was I TIRED at the end of the day! She has grown into a beautiful young lady who is most helpful and so very loyal.

I tried for two years to have another baby and after many prayers, (and ouch...many fertility shots) four years later my second daughter, S.L. , was born to us. After six months of colic she was a perfect baby happy just being happy and always going with the flow and content doing so. She wasn't in any rush to get into this world and sure isn't going to start rushing around now! A quiet and sensitive child, she has been a pleasure. Sage is very artistic and considerate of others feelings.


For nine years it was just the four of us, and it was wonderful with lots of happy memories. When my oldest daughter entered into middle school I was happy that they were growing and moving into more independent stages of their lives but at the same time a little sad that they didn't need me the way they did when they were younger. I was to say the least..... confused....I still wanted to be here for them when they got off the school bus in the afternoon but was restless and lonely with them gone all day long.

Then I became sick with a flu that lasted a whole month ;o) I was sideswiped and couldn't figure out why I just felt so darn lousy! My husband and I found out that it wasn't the flu that was keeping me that ill for weeks on end, not even a stomach bug, instead we had been blessed with another baby on the way! Surprised and excited as ever, we prepared our family for the arrival of another addition. Our daughters were so very excited and we welcomed a baby boy into the world nine and half years after my middle child.

My son, J.D., is my sunshine. I have found out that there is truly a difference between boys and girls and am loving it all the same. He is my sweet boy, tough and sensitive, and very funny. I guess being the youngest child with such an age gap he always has an audience and plays the part. Spoiled beyond belief...what he doesn't get from one he will try to get from another family member! I cannot remember those days without him and know that he was a blessing sent straight from heaven. He has taught me that we are not in control of everything in our lives and that it is alright not to be.
I cannot imagine my life any other way....I am grateful to have been so blessed with this family. Although going through teenagehood and toddlerhood at the same time can be taxing I am stronger than I thought! The sounds that have filled the walls of this farmhouse have been truly wonderful...good and bad--the laughing, the loud music, the banging on drums, the sound of my daughter learning to play the clarinet, the sound of my older daughter mastering chords on her guitar, my son singing himself awake lying in his bed in the morning, my middle daughter playing school, many sleepovers and parties, children bickering, hide n go seek, daughters chatting on phones, my daughters favorite cd playing over and over and over again! Sage walking around in my heels, my children playing games, playing tag in the yard, splashing in the pool, skinned knees, hurt feelings, tears of sadness, tears of joy, singing Christmas carols, watching movies, children sleeping soundly in their beds, and I could go on and on and on......thank you to my children for all your blessings, thank you all for another wonderful Mother's Day! I love you more than all the stars in the sky, over the moon and back....forever and ever.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your wonderful post about your children!! Hope you had a great mother's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post about your children as well. We have two boys and WOW! they had energy when they were little. they are now older, one an adult and the other a teen. All that you said in your post I can relate, but like you I wouldn't have it any other way. Your blog is wonderful and I enjoy reading it. Thanx for your hard work in it and the dedication.

    ReplyDelete


  3. This article is truly amazing. Appreciative for sharing such mind blowing information.

    ReplyDelete

Past Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails