Wednesday, October 28, 2009

An Autumn Evening


An Autumn Evening

Dark hills against a hollow crocus sky
Scarfed with its crimson pennons, and below
The dome of sunset long, hushed valleys lie
Cradling the twilight, where the lone winds blow
And wake among the harps of leafless trees
Fantastic runes and mournful melodies.

The chilly purple air is threaded through
With silver from the rising moon afar,
And from a gulf of clear, unfathomed blue
In the southwest glimmers a great gold star
Above the darkening druid glens of fir
Where beckoning boughs and elfin voices stir.

And so I wander through the shadows still,
And look and listen with a rapt delight,
Pausing again and yet again at will
To drink the elusive beauty of the night,
Until my soul is filled, as some deep cup,
That with divine enchantment is brimmed up.
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Lucy Maud Montgomery is one of my all time favorite authors. As a child I loved her stories about Anne's adventures. Later, as a teen, I enjoyed the series on television. Then, as a young adult I began to collect the series to watch at will. Now, as a mother, I am enjoying it all over again with my own daughters.

I am excited to report to anyone else who loves this series that they will be equally as happy to find that the story continues with another sequel! Anne of Green Gables, A New Beginning is the latest edition to this heartwarming collection. I truly do love these movies and cannot wait to put this under our tree this coming christmas, as a special daughter gift for the year. If you are interested, here is the website that will inform you of anything to do with Anne of Green Gables...enjoy.

http://www.anneofgreengables.com/Anne/Anne4//index.php


Have any of you been able to visit Avonlea in real life? I haven't yet, but it is on my bucket list. I hope to one day be a visitor here......

I was so happy to hear how many of you wanted to see some more of the Autumn at my farmhouse and thank you all for your comments! I really do enjoy reading them and discovering who has been here to visit me!

Now, I know how long I wait between my posts lately and with all good intentions, over the course of a few weeks, I continue to gather ideas and photos for a post. Oh! But it takes so long to get ready!

Once I am finally ready to do so I have so much to put into a single post that I hope I don't bore you all with the length of it!

I have a few more pictures to share with you all of my
Autumn Farmhouse that took a little transformation for the halloween holiday and will do so one more time for Thanksgiving....

Front Parlor Fireplace Mantel....

Complete with two Jack-O-Lanterns all ready for their big night!

My Autumn Dining Room- we already have a farmers market theme going on in there,

so the harvest decor goes along with it.

My kitchen hutch all decked out.

What Autumn Kitchen would be complete without carmel apples ready to go?

Our entryway has taken transformation for the frills of Halloween, if only for a short while.

A Halloween Tea pot all ready for my Witches Brew He, He, He!

I will have a Halloween Teaparty with my daughters the afternoon before trick or treating! Getting all ready for our big night! LOL

We love the fun theatrics of Halloween and we so love our tea parties!

And to go along with our teaparty I will be making this delish Paula Deen Recipe (I just love her!),

Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake

Soooo, easy and soooo good!

Yum!


The link to the recipe if you care to try it....
One last thing.....I have entered my porch at the recomendation of a few of my friends into the following harvest porch contest. If any of you would like to vote, please click on the link below and leave a comment! Of course I would love to win but check out the whole website if you have a porch addiction as I do, I loved all the pictures!
I hope you all have some wonderful activities planned for
the rest of the autumn season,
enjoy all the fun that October has to offer!
Don't forget to check my Farmhouse Mercantile (link above, top left)I have listed some new autumn signs and will be putting some Christmas goodies on there soon as well! Let me know what ya'll think!
I will be posting some scarier pictures the next time we meet, my middle daughter is having a halloween party and I would love to creep you out with our farmhouse makeover!
(If you are not too scared that is!)
Take Care,
Dee

10 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful! I love the jack-o-lanterns in the blue buckets on the mantle! The orange and black teapot is awesome too!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! We love Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake here....maybe even better than pumpkin pie :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, can I come over? Your home is so warm and inviting. I was just wondering last night where you had been, and here you are! Happy you're back, because visiting your blog always makes me happy!
    Have a great day!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dee!! I just recently came acrossed your blog and let me just say I ♥ it!! BTW, you have beatuiful home...so warm and cozy!! Keep the pics coming...such inspiration!!

    Hugs!! Carrie♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos of your home. I'm a homeschooling mom and a couple of years ago, my oldest daughter used a unit study curriculum based on Anne of Green Gables. It was called "Where The Brook Meets The River", and she loved it. We studied the history of Anne's time period, the poems she read, learned crafts that she did, etc. I love those books!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just found your blog and I love it! So cozy, warm, and inviting! I LOVE your hutch and all the goodies it's filled with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Anne of Green Gables too. Your home is beautifully decorated, and the display on your hutch is great. All that baking...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious to know where you got your hutch that you have decked out? It's beautiful & I'm trying to find one like it

    ReplyDelete

Past Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails