Thursday, March 5, 2009

Snowed In



The farmhouse was snowed in for three whole days....it looked so beautiful. It was purty strange considering it is March and we haven't had a really real snow storm in about 4 years now. The chicks (aka my three kids) were in and out of the house for the past couple of days. I dried so many snow suits, hats, mittens, etc. etc. We took an hour on the first snow day and headed to our local favorite sledding spot, which in reality might make some people laugh, it is about a 25' drop from top to bottom. That is just enough for us flat lander pineys here. I even went down a few times with my lil guy, but was afraid I wouldn't be able to get my backside unstuck from the blowup snow tube we used! We must have gone through 4 qts. of hot cocoa and a few dozen choc. chip cookies....(industrial size from the whole sale club).


My oldest daughter, C.A., even got off her myspace (big thing for a teen) on Mon. AND Tues. to go out with her brother and sister and frolick. She mostly threw really big snowballs at her 11 yr old sister with clear intention on getting revenge for her previous tattaling, then she kindly pulled her 2 year old brother around the yard in his baby sled. She pulled him mostly for protection since her sister couldn't hit her as fiercely with frozen ice balls when she had her baby brother at her side for protection. My 11 year old made a gazillion snow angels all over the yard, wish I had a few pictures but I took my pictures from the comfort of inside my home, through the screen door. J.D., my two year old, ate so much snow his face was pink and rosy for 4 hours after coming in. Geesh to be a kid again, what fun. I was able to capture some nice pictures and now that it is begining to melt today I am a little sad to see it go.

8 comments:

  1. Denise, Your home is GORGEOUS! I do love the picture with the snow.
    About Cold Mountain...it's very close to Asheville, NC. There is TONS to do there. Since you enjoy biking and hiking and music and canoeing, you'd LOVE Asheville! It's a great destination spot, especially for those of us who love the outdoors!
    Take special care and congratulations on starting a blog! Can't wait to read more...
    Rebekah, The City Farmgirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, welcome to blogland!We have a lot in common with our love for farmhouse style! Your snow covered home is soooo beautiful! And it sounds like you have a wonderful family! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment! God Bless you!
    Ruthann
    Warm Pie, Happy Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post here with all of the valuable information you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the time and effort to write this kind of article. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beneficial tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy! I enjoy this content. This blogs really nice, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bookmarked to check out new information on this great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Read articles on this website, I really like your style. Goodjob

    ReplyDelete

Past Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails