Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Old Man!

Happy Birthday to my sweetheart!  I like to joke around with him and call him old man since he's got a few years on me.  It's a running joke between us, we are quite young afterall, but next year he will hit a milestone birthday and we will be preparing him all of this year to keep him on  his toes of course!



When my children get older I get melancholy, but when my husband gets older I get silly and joke around....thought I would share just a few with you all....all in good fun and for a laugh.
A 'late night' now ends at 11 pm.

 About half the stuff in my shopping cart says, "For fast relief".

 All your favorite music is in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart.

An "all nighter" means not getting up to pee!

Conversations with people your own age often turn into "dueling ailments."

It takes twice as long to look half as good.

 It takes two tries to get up from the couch.

It's tougher to lose weight, because over time your body and your fat are really good friends.

MTV News is no longer your primary source for information

People call at 9 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"

The pharmacist has become your new best friend.

There's nothing left to learn the hard way.

You and your teeth don't sleep together.

You are proud of your lawn mower.

You burn the midnight oil till 9PM

You can pinch an inch on your forehead.

You consider coffee one of the most important things in life.

You constantly talk about the price of gasoline.


Hehe!  I can't imagine what he has to look forward to next year....when he actually is old......(according to our girls)!  Yup, that's the way we roll here....


Dear Honey,
Happy Birthday and many more!!  I hope that you had a wonderful birthday weekend!  A lazy day at the lake, fishing trip, a birthday breakfast, a birthday dinner and a nap or two...you are so easy to please!  I love you!

xoxoxo

The Kindred Spirits Sign Giveaway sign up has closed and the winner will be announced late tomorrow.  Thank you to all of you who signed up and posted about it on your blogs and sidebars, you are the best!

Take Care,
Dee

12 comments:

  1. HB to the hubby! We have so many summer birthdays it is hard to eat healthy with all that cake floating around! Hee Hee!

    I liked this post today. Enjoy that family.

    I like those oldies comments! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, my hubby turns 40 in two days so I read them to him and we just laughed. So true! Happy Birthday to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your husband! This post indeed made me giggle :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to your husband.
    So true, so real, so funny!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your hubby! Sounds like he celebrated just as he wanted.
    I got a big kick out of your post this morning. Too funny and so true! LOL!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your better half. The little jokes you shared are so funny but oh so true. They made me laugh. I will have to read them to my hubby when he gets home. We can relate to most of them. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your husband! Love the jokes, especially the one when someone calls at 9 & asks if they've woken you. Happens to me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious! Sounds like you two are great for each other, Happy Birthday to your better half!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy birthday to your dear hubby! i can relate to lots of those quotes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday ! My hubby turned 41 this year and I am wellll! ok ok 44 ! I loved your funny quotes, we can relate thats for sure. My hubby and I are jokers as well, especially about our age and what not, as now I have had the pleasure of the change for 5 years now lol can you just imaging! its great to have a marriage you both can laugh at !

    ReplyDelete
  11. All so true, made me laugh thanx !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy b-day to your hubs..
    I love you lil jokes even though they are at his expense I just wanted you to know what a giggle and a smile they brought..
    Your are cute as can be sweet dee..
    Looking forward to your next post..
    Tootles Shabby T

    ReplyDelete

Past Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails